Bridgeport Borough's tax collector, elected by the citizens of Bridgeport, is responsible for billing and collecting the residential and commercial real estate taxes for the borough, the county and
the school district.
Phone: (610) 272-1954
Real Estate Tax bills are mailed prior to March 1st.
School Tax bills are mailed prior to July 1st.
Deadline to pay taxes is December 31st.
Scheduled hours during Discount Periods
March, April, July & August
Monday: 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Thursday: 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Additional days will be added at the end of the Face Period.
Please contact the tax office for a recording as we approach these dates.
- If your taxes are escrowed, forward your bills to the mortgage company.
- Please present your bill when making payment.
- No receipt unless stamped, self addressed envelope enclosed. Please remit entire bill.
- If property has been transferred, please notify tax office.
- Taxes paid after December 1 must be made by Cashier's Check or Money Order.
- Taxes not paid by Dec 31 will be reported to Tax Claim Bureau and subject to an additional 5% fee, pursuant to County and Municipality ordinances or resolutions.
- $25.00 fee for all checks returned by bank.
Unpaid taxes after December 31st will be turned over to the Montgomery County Tax Claim Bureau for collection. Here is a link to their website that contains information regarding payment options. You may contact the Montgomery County Tax Claim Bureau at (610) 278-1216.
Tax Certifications cover Borough, County & School taxes for three(3) years. Send request with a self-address stamped envelope and $20.00 fee payable to Doris Frymoyer.